Wednesday, January 5, 2011

7 Week Update

Baby's now the size of a blueberry!
Baby's brain -- both hemispheres! -- is growing fast, generating about one hundred new cells every minute. Arms and legs are emerging as joints start to form, and a permanent set of kidneys (baby's third!) is now in place.

I'm starting to get super excited now that the first hurdle is over. Of course, I'm going to get worried all the time, but at least I know there's a little Baby T in there growing : )
Overall, things have been a lot better than last week. I'm learning how to fall back asleep when I wake up in the middle of the night, but I still need to figure out how to go pee and then go back to sleep without tossing and turning for awhile.

My food aversions are still here, but much less than last week. I'm more open to eating normally, although I'm still eating some strange things. I bought a bag of Ruffles chips and ate those for dessert for a few nights. I don't even like chips! I'm also really into mac & cheese so we made a pan of it over the weekend and I bought some frozen ones for lunch. I gotta start trying to eat healthy now that I'm starting to eat normally again.

Clothes? Yikes! I'm officially retiring my last pair of size 0 pants this week. Most of the 2's are too small as well. Every morning I have to try on at least 5 shirts before I find one that doesn't make me look like I have a huge belly or is so tight it suffocates me. I'm slowly emptying my closet as the days go by.

My family is getting super excited and that makes me so happy. I'm feeling great to be able to bring them happiness and excitement when there is sadness among us for other reasons. It's also amazing for ME to feel happy. I almost wonder if this is a dream! I can't remember being happy in a long, long time.

Bring on week 8!

No comments:

Post a Comment