Wednesday, January 26, 2011

10 Week Update

Baby's now the size of a prune!

With bones and cartilage starting to form and vital organs beginning to function, baby is making major progress. Body length will almost double in the next three weeks, and arm joints are now working. (Soon, legs will too.)

I can't even believe I'm in double-digits now. Sometimes I have to re-count and make sure it's really 10! Not as much going on this week because it's the first one without any appointments, but there's always a few things to update.

The first belly picture! (Can I look a little more pale?) My belly is smaller in the morning and much bigger at night. I figured I'd take the picture in the afternoon so it's average size. It's a little beer belly-looking, but it's there!
On the clothes topic, I was very excited to get my Old Navy & Target orders shipped to me this week. I was picturing finally being able to breathe in my nice, new, cute jeans. FAIL. I ordered 6 pairs and none of them fit! They were either way too short or way too big. My trip to Gap was much better and I think they'll be a better fit for me. I bought one pair of cute gray skinny jeans that will be capris and I'll buy a few more when the jeans go on sale.

I hate complaining about clothes, but it's important to me. If I feel good with what I'm wearing I'm in a better mood. I'm really trying to be more positive and keep myself from stressing, so anything I can do to make myself happy is great. And if women have to live with crappy clothes for 7 or so months, why not just make them a little happier by producing clothes that actually fit?

Morning sickness is still a huge part of my life. I'm dealing with it and working through it. I really need to try to start eating better rather than snacking on random food that looks good. This weekend I went to buy some high protein snacks so I can at least get some nutritional value out of them. Who knew they sold protein muffins? And chocolate banana? I like this kind of protein!

On a good note, everything else is pretty perfect! I'm not having any weird side effects or problems. I feel like we're getting SO close to feeling confident and believing that this is really happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment