Friday, September 27, 2013

Firefighter Connor to the rescue!

On Saturday, we went to a fire department open house.  That morning, I tried to explain to Connor what sound a fire truck makes (woop woop!) so he would understand when we got there.  We got adorable little fireman hats, but Connor wanted to carry his rather than wear it.  It took a little time for him to get comfortable being there because I think the giant dalmation walking around and meeting kids scared him!  Once he calmed down, he loved looking at all the fire vehicles and their tools inside.



He got to sit in two different fire trucks!

When we got to the ambulance, they had a little car seat with a baby doll so we could see how they transport small children.  I explained to Connor that if you have an owie, you can go in the big red truck and they will help you feel better.  So now, every time he sees a fire truck, police car, or ambulance, he says, "Owie owie."

We went to a lot of different demonstrations and little informational booths and it was actually very interesting even for me!  Everyone there was so nice and friendly and they really wanted to make it fun for the kids.  I'm so excited to go again next year when he can understand a little more.

No comments:

Post a Comment