Friday, June 29, 2012

Connor's first 5k race

Over the weekend, Connor and I did something very special. We ran our first Mommy & son 5k together! The run benefits The Cade Foundation and infertility research and it was sponsored by the fertility clinic that we went to. It was really important to me to be able to participate in this because of how much they have impacted our lives.
There's me in the pink tank top and black shorts with Connor getting ready to start.
Connor has two thumbs up and was ready to go!
We ended up at the back of the line so we didn't start right on time, but we walked/ran it in about 39 minutes. Running with a stroller is hard work! Connor passed out after about the first mile and woke up right after we finished.

After the race, we got some water and then walked around the festival. There were so many families and children there and it was so special to see how many lives have been changed because of infertility treatments. We even took a few photos in front of the booth where Connor was made :)

He was too busy looking at all the other things going on to focus...
We played on the grass for a bit and looked around to see if any of our nurses and doctors were there. We ran into my OB who delivered Connor and she was pregnant with her second child. I also saw one of the therapists that organized our infertility support groups.
It was such a special experience for us to do together and I hope we can do it again next year.

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome that you got to participate in a run that the cause means a lot to you! I just signed up for my first 5k at the end of August. Now I have all summer to finish my training. I can't find a cause that I'm interested in until October though... I really want to participate in a cause that means something and not just any 5k. Either way, it is a huge goal for me to work towards!

    ReplyDelete