Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Adventures at Deer Park

This was the part of the vacation I was looking forward to the most. When I started researching and learned about this place, I knew we'd love it! Deer Park has been around for 60 years and they let you feed and pet the deer and other animals that live there. I could have spent the entire day there!
This was such a cool experience for me and I hope Connor enjoyed it too. He was very interested in looking at all the animals. I think me might have been a little overwhelmed by everything going on, but he smiles a lot and seemed to enjoy looking around.

As we started to walk around, we noticed that Connor made a friend. There was a small deer that followed us around half the park!
He was so sweet and gentle, so we stopped to feed him some of the deer food we bought.
I've never been this close to a deer and obviously Connor hasn't either. It was such a fun experience!

This was the deer right when we first became friends. He walked over to us as we sat down on the ground to watch the other kids play with the deer.
First, we watched him eat...
And then we got a closer look...

This was probably the craziest thing we saw. The deer sat down with a bunch of others and let all the kids hug, pet, and lay on them!

The deer seemed very nice, so we gave it a few pets on his back.
When we got up to go to the next area, he followed us...and followed us until we got to the end and had to say goodbye.
We also had a lot of fun playing with the white-spotted deer who I thought were really pretty. The signs said they were from England.
We sat down at a bench and fed them some deer food.

We also stopped to look at a group of white-tailed deer with fuzzy antlers.
They were very hungry!



There were some other animals at Deer Park to meet, so we stopped by the two horses...
Connor squealed when he saw them!

We also stopped by the baby goats...

And we took some photos of the baby pigs to send to Aunt Julie who loves pink pigs...

At the end of our tour, we took some quick photos with the animal statues...

Lil' Connor & Big Bear
Standing on a bunny statue!

And the end result from such a fun experience was a little passed out Connor...

1 comment:

  1. What fun! That looks like a great trip and so cool to see all those animals! Looks like Connor was exhausted from an exciting day!

    ReplyDelete