No one was more pro-swaddling than me. I swore I would do it until he was five years old if it helped him sleep through the night.
As a newborn, Connor slept with his arms by his face and we had no reason to swaddle him. At about 7 weeks old, he started to get a little fussier during the early evening "witching hour" so we tried it. Magic!
Here's a photo of his first time being swaddled at home at 7 weeks old.
As a newborn, Connor slept with his arms by his face and we had no reason to swaddle him. At about 7 weeks old, he started to get a little fussier during the early evening "witching hour" so we tried it. Magic!
Here's a photo of his first time being swaddled at home at 7 weeks old.
We are extremely lucky that the swaddling helped so much! He's been sleeping through the night since about 3 months and we get to sleep too!But Connor now loves to roll around and get on his tummy to sleep. Daycare doesn't swaddle him anymore. His last swaddle sack is getting too small and I can't find anything long enough. This is what I saw in the monitor last week: arms up and swaddle sack by his feet!
So we've been slowly transitioning from it by just swaddling his body and legs or using nothing at all for naps. It takes a little longer to get him to fall asleep sometimes, but he's doing pretty well! He's still sleeping every night and Mommy & Daddy are happy!
Bye-bye swaddle! What an exciting milestone but also a little sad. Benjamin still gets swaddled for nap at daycare but does great without it at night at home. I never thought I'd be a fan of swaddling, but they really do love it!
ReplyDeleteAnother big milestone. I kind of liked it when mine were done swaddling so that I could cuddle them before I put them down for sleep.
ReplyDelete