Thursday, February 23, 2012

6 months!

Oh my gosh.

I have a 6 month old baby.

I have a baby that's halfway to 1 year.Big smiles! Happy half birthday!



This photo session had one big distraction.

Somebody could not keep his eyes off Kitty! I tried to find toys to lure Kitty by me so I could get some good photos.

Good thing Kitty couldn't be seen from the crib!
I don't think you knew what to do in the crib when you're not swaddled, so you squeak and bang your feet down!

Time for the sock monkey






6 Month Stats: TBD after doctor appointment
Weight: 12 lbs. (1%)
Height: 26 inches (25-50%)

In the last 2 months, you grew 2 lbs and 2 inches!

6 Month Milestones:

• Solids started: rice cereal, squash, green beans

• Found your feet! They taste very yummy!

• No interest in being on your stomach, but you can roll from belly to back with no problem

• Working on sitting up alone, but not much interest. You have fun sitting propped up though!

• Still loving to stand up with help

• Playing and grabbing toys

• Learning to put your paci back in your mouth by yourself (or backwards)

When I looked back even one month, it's amazing how much you've grown. Last month, you were just started to grab at toys and be able to hold things and now you're a pro! You were just starting to get propped up so you could sit and now you can lean on something and play!

How did you go from this...

to this...

to this...in just 6 short months?
I'm trying not to cry as I write this at work, but it's hard as I look back through all the photos. There's some things that are just so amazing. Your hands have always been your BFF since your first few minutes outside and that hasn't changed since you've grown. At first, it was hard to get you to open your eyes, but now you have the biggest and most expressive eyes and you love to look at everything around you. Your little peach fuzz hair has started to fill in and grow longer through the months. Your skinny arms and legs have plumped up a little, but you'll always have mommy's type. You love to sleep and you always look so peaceful.

You've changed my life in more ways that you can ever imagine and I've never been happier. Being your mom is the most fulfilling job I've ever had and I'm sure it will always be. Each day with you is amazing and I love it more than anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment