Wednesday, December 21, 2011

My mama body

I worked really hard to get the "perfect body" before I got pregnant. I was working out 5-6 days a week and putting on muscle like never before. I got down to 5 pounds more than I was when I graduated high school.

When I got pregnant, I had a bit of a hard time getting used to the extra weight. After a few months, it was kinda fun not to have to even worry about how my abs looked. I figured they were still in there somewhere, right? About an hour after I gave birth, the doctor was checking my abdomen & uterus to see if it had gone down. I was sitting up in bed and leaning forward and the doctor said she was shocked that she could feel my ab muscles in there. They're still there?!?

I figured it would take some time to get the weight off after giving birth. I was still in maternity clothes for the first month and then switched over to my couple pairs of fat pants and a lot of comfy clothes. By the time I was getting ready to go back work, I could only fit in a few things. I figured it might be a good idea to go shopping and buy a few things so I would feel better about my body and be comfortable at work.

I started working out more regularly once I got back to work just over a month ago. Apparently, it was pretty stupid to buy new clothes back in October because they're getting pretty big now. I'm even a little shocked at how much I've lost since going back to work. I'm definitely not where I used to be, but it was a pretty quick change. Sometimes I walk past the mirror on the stairs at work and I do a double-take at my body. I can't believe that's really me.

Now that I can fit into a good amount of clothes, my next goal is to be able to take Connor swimming this summer. I'm definitely not confident to do it now (unless I don't eat that day and suck in like crazy), but I'm hoping in another few months I'll be ready. I don't know that I'm willing to accept the mama body as it is now, so I'm motivated to keep working towards something better.

I don't diet and never will. All I can do it continue to TRY to eat healthy, make good choices and continue to work out as much as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment