Baby's the size of a a banana!Baby gulps down several ounces of amniotic fluid every day, both for hydration and nutrition and to practice swallowing and digesting. And, these days, those taste buds actually work! Studies show that after birth, babies are most interested in tastes they've already experienced through amniotic fluid. Meaning, think about what you want your future child to eat as you prepare your own lunch.
Well, 21 weeks was a big week for me because it was also my 29th birthday week! It's been a long, crazy week of stress at work and lots to do, but I tried to enjoy it as much as I could. My birthday was on a Thursday so I took Friday off of work. Hope Baby enjoyed the pre-natal massage and mani/pedi I got! The massage was a little different from a normal massage because you lay on your side and back instead of stomach. It felt great! I could have one every day!
It was also a week of lots of food for celebrations. I've been having trouble with my appetite lately and not really being very hungry. Going out helped because I was able to find things that sounded a little better. Thurs - Panera for lunch & Dairy Queen for dinner (yes, dinner), Fri - Cooper's Hawk for dinner, Sat - Wildfire for dinner, and Sun - Walker Bros for brunch. The eggrolls and potatoes at Cooper's Hawk never tasted so good!
Here's me after my huge meal at Cooper's Hawk. My stomach is a little bigger than normal from the food, so it's not really this big!
I'm starting to feel the baby move around more often now. I'm pretty sure it can't all be gas so those little flutters must be him moving around. He moves a lot when I'm laying in bed resting. Hubby still hasn't really been able to feel it, but I keep trying to get him to hold his hand on my lower stomach and maybe he'll catch it. The more I feel it, the more real it seems. Wow!
No comments:
Post a Comment