Baby's the size of a mango!Vernix caseosa, a greasy white substance made of lanugo, oil and dead skin cells (yum) now coats baby's skin, shielding it from the amniotic fluid. (Picture yourself after a nine-month bath, and the need for protection makes sense.) You might actually get to see the vernix at birth, especially if baby is premature.
I started to get comments this week that I "popped" so here's a look at the bump...
I'm starting to get impatient to feel the baby kicking. I read somewhere that thin girls will feel it more easily, so I'm kinda wondering what Baby T has been up to in there. The other night, I *thought* I felt something, but it was so light that I thought it might be my heart beat. (Sometimes I can feel my heartbeat if I put my hand on my lower stomach.) I poked around to try to wake him up, but nothing...I think he's a sleepyhead like me! So I'm still waiting to be sure!
I found my new addiction...looking at baby clothes! I went for the first time this week and it's just so easy to walk from outfit to outfit and go "Awww!" for every single thing! The little preppy outfits and shirts with cute sayings are my favorite. I couldn't resist buying a few things from Target because they were so cheap. I got a pair of jeans for $2, two long-sleeve onesies with cute sayings, and a matching pair of pants for super cheap. Then we went to Macy's over the weekend and drooled over all the adorable little clothes. SO freaking cute!
At Target this weekend, I went to take a look at the play yard I've been thinking about. The color is perfect with our family room and it got great reviews online. This is the only one I've ever seen that would match, so Hubby suggested we just buy it now in case they run out. That store was out of them so we went home and I started freaking out when they were out online too. I was furiously Googling to find one and then stupidly remembered you can search on the website to see what stores still have one in stock. A sigh of relief! I found a bunch nearby so I ran to buy it on Sunday. And then I remembered Target's horrible return policy so we realized we better make sure it works before it's too late to return. So we had fun and put the whole thing together! I love it! Kitty seemed to think the teddy bear mobile was for him so we'll have to work on that.
I'm up about 9 pounds since the BFP. I'm not too worried about it because the doctor hasn't said a thing. Some people have asked me about it and start freaking me out when they say I'm too small. Really? Do you think that's appropriate to tell someone that's PG? Don't tell me my baby is too small! Healthwise, I've had a cold and the usual migraines are continuing. Morning sickness is still here, but not AS bad as before.
My food cravings have died down a little. I'm not really into anything lately. I still don't want certain foods, but I'm not having things I really want either. Cantaloupe is probably my favorite this week and pineapple is a close second.
I think that's about it for week 19. Looking forward to week 20 and halfway there!
No comments:
Post a Comment