Thursday, April 21, 2011

Nursery Updates

This room definitely needs some help before it's ready for a baby. I want it to be bright and modern and right now it's dark and dreary.

This started out as a very simple project. The closet currently has mirrored doors and I thought they looked a little outdated. Plus, I don't think they're very safe for young children. So we decided to go look at some 6-panel doors to replace them.

But if we're buying new 6-panel closet doors, shouldn't they match the bedroom doors? They already need to be painted white, so why not just replace them completely? And if we're going to replace one door, why not do all of them? So this one simple project turned into ordering 18 new doors! Plus, we'll have to paint all of them in our semi-gloss white paint, add new trim around the edges, and buy new door knobs to match the ones we added downstairs. This just became a huge ordeal.
And then we might as well get some new lighting in the baby's room also. This light fixture...I don't even know what it's for, but it's not right for this room. I found a pretty white fan that we'll install to replace it.
So here's the new doors we ordered...
I'm sure it will look amazing when it's done, but I'm stressed about not having that much time to finish!

No comments:

Post a Comment