The girls in my support group were so happy for me and wanted to keep hearing updates as I go along. I'm actually going to really miss going to sessions because they've become friends as we share our stories. I love to give advice to the newbies because I wish I would have had someone to answer my questions back then.
Anyway, on to the first update!
Deep in your uterus your embryo is growing at a furious pace. At this point, he's about the size of a sesame seed, and he looks more like a tiny tadpole than a human. He's now made up of three layers — the ectoderm, the mesoderm, and the endoderm — which will later form all of his organs and tissues. The neural tube — from which your baby's brain, spinal cord, nerves, and backbone will sprout — is starting to develop in the top layer, called the ectoderm. This layer will also give rise to his skin, hair, nails, mammary and sweat glands, and tooth enamel. His heart and circulatory system begin to form in the middle layer, or mesoderm. (This week, in fact, his tiny heart begins to divide into chambers and beat and pump blood.) The mesoderm will also form your baby's muscles, cartilage, bone, and subcutaneous (under skin) tissue. The third layer, or endoderm, will house his lungs, intestines, and rudimentary urinary system, as well as his thyroid, liver, and pancreas. In the meantime, the primitive placenta and umbilical cord, which deliver nourishment and oxygen to your baby, are already on the job.
Mommy Check-in
How far along? 5 weeks
How big is baby? The size of an appleseed...although I never get that deep when I eat apples.
Weight: Do I really want to do this part? I had it in last time, but I don't know about this time! My boobs are growing as I type this. They're huge! I'm at 109 pounds but it feels like way more from the way my clothes fit.
Health: Pretty good! Morning sickness is not too bad so far so that's a good thing. Migraines are down which is a huge plus for me! My face is also finally clearing up!
Maternity Clothes: Definitely crossing my mind the last few days. My "fat" pants are now getting tight and I'm trying on tons of shirts every morning to find something that fits. I got really frustrated last night that everything looks like I have a huge beer belly.
Sleep: I'm not that much more tired than usual, but I wake up at 5 am every single day no matter what. On the weekend, I woke up at 2 or 3 each day, caught on on tv in the family room for a couple hours, and then went back to sleep.
Food: I'm really thirsty! I used to be able to go for hours with nothing to drink, but I'm so thirsty all the time now. It's the worst in the mornings. I also had a strange craving for KFC biscuits, but I haven't had them yet. A lot of foods sound gross to me, but I try to eat.
Best Moment This Week: Being happy for the first time since June
Movement: none
Planning/Preparation: The usual wasting time on tons of internet sites and message boards. I'm also readying a few books that I had saved.
Belly Button In/Out: In and feeling weird. My belly button feels really tight like I had a good ab workout.
What I Miss: Wearing my skinny clothes!
What I'm Looking Forward To: Getting through this next week
Contractions: None
Next Appointment: December 30 for our first ultrasound
No comments:
Post a Comment