Monday, September 7, 2015

A Busy 2 Weeks

It's been a busy and difficult 2 weeks in our family as we lost our dear Papa.  He spent about 5 days in hospice surrounded by family and I spent as much time as I could there with him.  While I was there, Connor & Caylee sent photos and made phone calls to him to send love.


Caylee did her first drawing!


During the last 2 weeks, Caylee's walking progressed a lot!  She went from just a few steps to taking a lot more at a time!

Connor and I took 2 trips to the toy store to use some of his birthday money.  He picked out a Transformer and dinosaur that turns into an airplane.

When Papa died, cousins Fern & Phyllis flew in and got to spend some quality time with Connor.  Having the kids around made everyone smile during some emotional moments.


Connor & Ryan also had a chance to play together a lot and they both got to go behind the ice cream counter at the restaurant!  Connor picked out chocolate ice cream with rainbow sprinkles!



During every night of shiva, Caylee got more and more daring with her walking and letting herself having free reign of the house.  She enjoyed playing with the magnets and pulling them off the wall for me to clean up!


Her walking progressed a lot each day and she even seemed to figure out that she should walk on the sidewalk and could crawl on the grass.



Caylee & Nana


No comments:

Post a Comment