Over the weekend, I went to my first infertility support group. I was a little nervous since I've never done anything like this, but I figured I'd give it a try. It turned out to be a really great thing and I enjoyed it a lot.
There were 5 other girls there and we all shared our stories about where we are in the process and how we're coping. We talked about different issues that have come up like how to deal with other people asking you questions, talking about baby-related things, struggling with paying for treatment, how to think positively, etc.
It was so nice to not feel so alone in all this. While I'm not really alone, there are times when I feel like no one really understand what it's like to go through this. The time, money, energy and psychological issues are very hard to deal with and so it was nice to see how other girls cope. We all ended up staying way past the session and just chatted about other things and gave each other advice that we've learned in this process. I hope to go back to another session sometime soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment